Synthetic Chemistry in particular Organic,Organometallic,Materials,Inorganic.
Spectroscopy in particular NMR, IR and NIR
Important Publications as Corresponding Author
We are interested in unusual reactions of carbohydrates relevant to food including Amadori,Heyns and other reactions. Our efforts has lead to following Publications
(1) Debasree .C, Nanishankar V.H. Tet Lett 2018, 59(31), 2983-2988.Revisiting Amadori and Heyns Synthesis: Critical Percentage of Acyclic Form Play the Trick in Addition to Catalyst
It is a concept based paper
(2) Nanishankar et al. J . Agri Food Chem 2017, 65, 8773-78.Antiaflatoxigenic and Antimicrobial Activities of Schiff Bases of 2-Hydroxy-4-methoxybenzaldehyde, Cinnamaldehyde, and Similar Aldehydes
(3) Nanishankar et al. Food Chem 2014, 158, 340-344(4).ZnCl2-mediated practical protocol for the synthesis of Amadori ketoses
(4) SM Srinivas, Nanishankar VH J . Agri Food Chem 2012, 60 (6), 1522-1527. Improved synthesis of lysine-and arginine-derived Amadori and Heyns products and in vitro measurement of their angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory activity
It is a concept based paper, wherein, one reagent performing two jobs!
Physical Organic Chemistry
We are interested in concept based crystal engineering research and unusual bonds
(1) A kala, K.Karthik, Nanishankar V.H, NK Lokanath,J of Mol Struct 2020, 1202.127238
Synthesis, characterization and hydrogen bonding attributes of halogen bonded O-hydroxy Schiff bases: Crystal structure, Hirshfeld surface analysis and DFT studies
It is a concept based paper.
(2) A kala, Nanishankar V.H,Naveen, Ramegowda, NK Lokanath Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals 2016, 629(1), 146-157
O-hydroxy Schiff bases derived from 2-hydroxy-4-methoxy Benzaldehyde: Synthesis,X-ray studies and hydrogen bonding attributes
We are interested in Design of heterocylic compounds in view of achieving better antimicrobial compounds.
(1) Bhargava K M, Gururaja R, & Nanishankar V.H, Synth commun 2017, 47 (11), 1065-1070.
Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of Schiff bases derived from 2-chloro quinoline-3-carbaldehyde and its derivatives incorporating 7-methyl-2-propyl-3H-benzoimidazole-5-carboxylic acid hydrazide.
(2) Bhargava K M, Gururaja R, & Nanishankar V.H, Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry 2016, 26(1&2) 75-806.
Syntheisis, Characterization and antimicrobial activity Of Schiff bases derived from 2- hydroxyquinoline-3-Carbaldehydes
We are interested in Metal-organic framework materials and its application to drug delivery, food bioactive molecule delivery etc
1)Venkataswamy, Gangothri; Meena, Nisha kiran; Naik, Kavya K; Harohally, Nanishankar (2019): Capsaicin Entrapment in Metal-Organic Framework Material Derived from γ-Cyclodextrin. ChemRxiv. Preprint.
We found a spicy application for Material reported by Nobel Laurate!
Our group is the first one to publish from CFTRI in a preprint flatform.
Important Publications as Contributing Author ( Chemistry aspects in particular Structural Elucidation and others )
1) Desai NM Martha ,GS, Nanishankar VH, PS Murthy LWT Food Science and Technolgy 2019. Non-digestible oligosaccharides of green coffee spent and their prebiotic efficiency
2) Mondal S,Pandit SG, Mohan kumari HP,Nanishankar VH,Mohan A.D Process Biochemistry 2019, 82, 173-178.Structural and functional characterization of new pigment molecule Monashin from Monascus purpureus CFR410-11.
3) Pandit SG, Mohan kumari HP,Nanishankar VH,Mohan A.D Food Chem 2018, 255, 89-96.Functional attributes of a new molecule- 2-hydroxymethyl-benzoic acid 2'-hydroxy-tetradecyl ester isolated from Talaromyces purpureogenus CFRM02.
4)Siddharth P, Nanishankar VH,RoopavathiC,M.M.Naidu, Scientific Reports 2018, 8(1), 17414.Isolation, identification, structural elucidation and bioactivity of Heneicos-1-ene from Coriandrum sativum L. foliage
5)Talawar S, Nanishankar VH, Chethana R, Sureshkumar G J . Agri Food Chem 2017,65, 9838-9848.Development of Wheat Bran Oil Concentrates Rich in Bioactives with Antioxidant and Hypolipidemic Properties
6)Shobarani P, Nanishankar VH, Halami PM, Sachindra NM Internationl J of Biological Macromolecules 2014, 65, 542-548.Antioxidant and anticoagulant activity of polyphenol and polysaccharides from fermented Sargassum sp.
By Dharmappa, Rekha Nangappa Gowda; Krishnamurthy, Jayashree; Aradhya, Somaradhya Mallikarjun; Harohally, Nanishankar Vishwanath
(1) Nanishankar et al. Inorg. Chem. 2005, 44, 18, 6203-6210. Dynamics of a cis-Dihydrogen/Hydride Complex of Iridium
(2) Nanishankar et al. Euro J.Inorg.Chem. 2004, 15, 3048-3056. Synthesis and Characterization of the First Examples of Dicationic Dihydrogen Complexes of Iron and Ruthenium with the PF3 Ligand
(3) Nanishankar et al. Indian Journal of Chemistry 2003,
(4) Majumdar K.K.Nanishankar VH et al Euro J.Inorg.Chem. 2001, 7, 1847-1853. Some new dicationic dihydrogen complexes of ruthenium.
Carbohydrate chemistry, Metal Organic Frameworks Heterocyclic chemistry, Nano materials, NMR, & NIR methods, Spice bioactive molecules, Application ofNMR and NIR to Interesting food science research problems
Brief Biosketch illumination via Qualification, Awards and Experience